I have been a CPA in private practice since January 2010. Before that, I worked in a variety of industries — as an accountant for a manufacturing firm; as a stockbroker; and as the General Manager of a large cooperative grocery store. I know that taxes are an integral part of business, but I prefer helping clients with strategic planning and cash flow management.
I have lived in Asheville since 1996, and I’ve enjoyed watching it transform from a sleepy mountain village to the artsy, outdoorsy, beer-crafting mecca that it is today.
Five Random Things
- I wasn’t born a “numbers person.” In fact, my Bachelor’s degree is in English Literature from Appalachian State University.
- My two favorite activities: traveling and backpacking, often in the same trip.
- I have always driven a white Ford pickup truck (currently an F-150 named Monster.)
- The first album I ever bought was Moving Pictures by Rush, when I was 12 years old. I really miss the BEST part of buying actual albums back in the day: when you ripped off the plastic, it was like Christmas to discover all the awesome art, pictures, and lyrics inside. Remember this? I do! And it used to give me nightmares, lol.
- A great sense of humor is the most exceptional human quality. Look no further than The Oatmeal to see what I find funny.