When Renee was a little girl, she wanted to be a rock star. She never learned to play an instrument, so she performed Elvis impersonations instead, complete with scarves and a sequined jumpsuit made by her grandmother.
She also wasn’t born a “numbers person.” (In fact, her Bachelor’s degree is in English Literature.) But as an adult, she discovered her aptitude for financial analysis (and kinda fell in love with it!), and the multiple ways that savvy and strategic analysis can be applied to business problems.
Renee has two decades of small business experience in a variety of industries — as the staff accountant for a boutique manufacturing firm; as a stockbroker; and as the General Manager of a $4 million cooperative grocery store, overseeing 40 employees across six departments. She’s been a CPA in private practice since January 2010, as the captain of her own firm since Day 1.
Renee knows that taxes are an integral part of business, but prefers helping clients with strategic planning, cash flow management, and — ultimately — living the live of their dreams.
Fun Things About Renee
- Until she moved into the van, Renee lived in Asheville NC for almost 25 years and enjoyed watching it transform from a sleepy mountain village to the artsy, outdoorsy, beer-crafting mecca that it is today. Having her life filled with naturally beautiful places is important to her.
- While visiting Taos NM last year, Renee went on a shamanic power animal journey. She discovered that her spirit animal is the uber-adaptable, ever-curious raccoon.
- She has always driven a white Ford pickup truck (currently an F-150 named Monster.)
- She taught herself to snowboard at age 45.
- But mountain biking is Renee’s lifelong love. She had a brief stint racing bikes back in the day, but ultimately decided she preferred craft beers and pizza to grueling training regimens.
Kate is a modern magician, except she transforms complicated business and technical ideas into easy-to-understand concepts, images, and executable plans. She believes in making business and project planning relatable, using business design and visual thinking methods.
She also loves to solve problems. Throughout her career, Kate has been driven by her intellectual curiosity to find answers to the most pressing questions. She brings a customer-centric mindfulness that enables you to innovate and thrive. She understands that the customer is an organization’s single most valuable asset, and is driven by the unrelenting pursuit of customer-driven focus, ideals, and user experience.
This is what she’s done for clients for over 20 years from small businesses to large corporations in the Treasury Services, Brokerage, Compliance, Banking, Insurance, and Retail industries.
Her specialties include:
- Business and Management Strategy
- Customer, Partner, and Client Relations
- Process Improvements
- Analysis and Data Mining
- Marketing and Brand Strategy
- Growing Start-Up Organizations
- Leading Project Teams and Nurturing
- Technology Planning and Implementation
- Marketing and Business Development
Now, she spends the majority of her time traveling the US with Renee and the Chiweenies in their RV, brainstorming business strategies and connecting with other travelers who are interested in swapping their best camping spots.
Fun Things About Kate
- Kate has lived full time on the road in an RV for the past five years.
- She is an adventure and travel addict.
- One time she jumped out of a perfectly good plane to go skydiving.
- Meditation, photography, hiking, woodworking, learning new things and spending time with family and friends are Kate’s main interests.